Backed by numerous clinical studies, the Optilight IPL uses precise, intense broad spectrum light to provide a transformative, safe and efficacious way to treat dry eye disease, ocular rosacea and meibomian gland dysfunction by reducing the inflammation in and around the eyes.
Optimal Results in 4 Sessions
- A course of treatment typically includes 4 sessions spaced 2-4 weeks apart
- Each session usually takes only 10-15 minutes
- During the treatment your doctor will apply a gel on the treatment area and cover your eyes with shields
- You may experience a warm sensation as light is applied to the skin, the treatment is gentle with minimal discomfort
- It is often followed by gland expression by your doctor
Gentle, Fast and No Downtime
Immediately following treatment, you may experience some redness. This will usually disappear within a few hours.
You can return to your daily activities and apply makeup right away in most cases. You will be advised to stay out of direct sunlight for a few days and to apply sunscreen.
Patients usually report an improvement after their 2nd or 3rd treatment.
Maintenance treatments are usually recommended every 6-12 months, to ensure the best long-term results.